Creating a "P" Planter

For my letter "P", I chose the font Andale Mono. I chose this font due to the clean lines, and I thought the project I had in mind would be most successful with a less detailed typeface.

Here are the supplies I used for my project:

 1. Small balsa wood pieces that would make the bottom of the planter of the "P".
 2. Floral foam to stick air plants, succulents, and moss into/on
 3. Sand paper for rough edges
 4. Hot glue
 5. Moss
 6. Fake succulents and air plants

I then laid out the wood backing in the way I planned to hot glue them together.



After hot gluing the pieces together, I used popsicle sticks to re-enforce the joint of the "P".


I then cut the floral foam to fit the backing of the planter, about 2" thick.


The edges of the foam was then shaved down with a knife to make a smoother edge for the curves of the "P".


After cutting the wood backing with a saw, I sanded the edges down to make them more rounded.


Making sure to cut the pieces to size when necessary.


Here is an example of how I built the depth of the planter.


I then used popsicle sticks to add the width to the planter. I had originally planned to stain the wood, but after I began to assemble the "P" I decided I liked the contrast of the green plants with the natural wood color.



I then began to hot glue the dried moss to the foam. I did this after I had decided where the succulents and air plants would be going.



Once fully covered in the moss, I then began to hot glue the plants into the planter.



Here is the "P" finished and ready for photographing!


Comments